Thursday, August 02, 2012

Texture and Tassels

Pattern:  Norby, by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn:  Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply, colorway 22
Needles: #3 (3.25mm) circs and dpns
Comments:  It's a simple, well written pattern but for some reason I was sick of knitting it by the time I reached the crown.  Maybe it was just me.  I like the tassels because they add more movement to the wavy texture of the hat.

The pattern called for size 4 needles, but I went down a size, as I didn't want the hat to be too slouchy and I figured the garter stitch would give ample stretch to the band.

As for the yarn, I think it's now discontinued.  It's still a wonderful yarn, as most Rowan yarns are.  It has a rustic, tweedy look which was difficult to photograph.

2 comments:

Kym said...

LOVE the tassel! Really. . . it makes the hat!

Rebecca said...

I love the ripples in this!